Monday, July 23, 2007

Homesickness....could it be that I long for something deeper than just the houses I grew up in or the family I am so close to? Could it be that I am longing for the home that I have never actually been to, the home that is awaiting me? My heart longs for the cozy arms of my heavenly father, the comfort of completely being myself, of knowing where I am, who I am, and that I belong. When will you come for me dear Lord?

John 14:1-3"Let not your heart be troubled...I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am there you may be also."

"Beloved, I beg you as sojourers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul..." 1 Peter 2:11

"By faith he (Abraham) dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob...for he waited for the city which has foundations whose builder and maker is God." Hebrews 11

"For our citizenship is in Heaven from which we also eagerly wait fot the savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20

No comments: