Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ich liebe Deutschland!

This will be my last entry from Germany. The next couple weeks will be busy with things and I probably wont have easy access to a computer.
I am so thankful for the time the Lord has given me here in Germany. Germany is one of the dearest places on earth to me. Its people will always have a special place in my heart, especially the ones I have gotten to know here at the church in Siegen. It is such a bittersweet feeling leaving. I feel like I am leaving home but also that I am going home. I am excited for the things that God has for me in Peru but I know I will be longing and excited for the day when He will bring me back here to Germany. A huge part of my heart will remain here.
There are a couple prayer requests I would like to ask you to pray for:
Next Friday I will be sharing again at the youth group girls Bible study about Mary from Bethany. Please pray that goes well and the girls are blessed and encouraged.
On the 8th I am going with a group from the Bible College to the Black Forest to do worship for a Christian school. Please pray again that we would be used by the Lord in the lives of the students there.
Verses the Lord gave me the first time I came to Germany as a student in the Bible College were:
"May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose." Psalm 20:4
"You have given him his heart's desire, and have not withheld the request of his lips. For you meet him with the blessing of goodness you set a crown of pure gold upon his head." Psalm 21:2-3
I feel as though the Lord has done this and above. He has given me so much I didnt even ask for or imagine. I feel as though I am leaving Germany far richer and far fuller than when I came in.

7 comments:

andrea k. said...

amen! He is so good to us!! :)
i will miss you incredibly sehr.
i was just telling tamiko about our "history".. playing hit and miss for like 3 years before we actually could be in germany and be friends! hooray!
ich hab dich lieb, kleine! xo
love,
little.

Julia Riber Pitt said...

I visited Germany back when I was 17, summer of 2006. We went to Bavaria as part of a student exchange. It was me, my German teacher, and seven others. We had so much fun, and there was certainly a lot of drinking!

Lindsey said...

FINALLY! I lost your blog address months ago when my widgets were deleted! I found you! yay!!! Now I'm gonna add you to my blogroll!
Love you girl, Tharaldsons

Tamiko said...

Michelle-san! Hope you made it to Peru safely. It's weird to think that you are not here anymore. But I hope you have a blessed time back home, and I am pretty sure you'll be back in Germany soon, right? Love you.

andrea k. said...

but i should know better.. the sea is much wetter..
:)
uh, i miss you. it's official.
heart.a

яαcну said...

huhu,
could u please give me your email adresse??
or write to mine rahel.knebel@gmx.de

i've to inform you about a surprise for meike!

Many greetings from good old germany
Rachy

andrea k. said...

except.. it's been two whole moooooonths since you posted! i miss you friendly!! :)
-the kindred.