Friday, May 08, 2009

Let us go on...

It's been a while since I have even opened my blogger, I thought I would just let it die peacefully but it has been a chronicle of the things God has done in my life and He is not finished. And even though I don't need a blogger to remember all the good things the Lord has done for me, its nice to be able to write down those things and "declare His faithfulness and salvation...to the great assembly (psalm 40:10)."

I have now been in Lima for the past 9 months, I think I have felt every possible emotion while being here. It's been hard getting readjusted to life here and missing Germany so much and all the people there, but the Lord's hand is in it completely, of that I have no doubts.

This morning at devotions we studied Psalm 73. I love how clearly the Lord speaks to our hearts when we are listening. I am thankful for the reminder to once again look to Christ. When we look to Christ it seems like everything gets so much more clearer and you can walk in peace and rest. I wish I could write all the things we talked about but it would be too long, so I will just share one thing the Lord impressed upon my mind which actually came from another verse in Hebrews 13:5

"Let your conduct be without coveteousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I think it is easy when you get your eyes off of the Lord to become discontent, I have seen this a lot in my own life. Its so easy to compare yourself to others and desire what they have, but how amazing when you realize you have Christ Jesus Himself and He will never be taken from you! I want to understand more and more every day what that entails, exactly what that means. Just some things to meditate on.....
"Godliness with contentment is great gain..." 1 Timothy 6:6
More to come....
Michelle

4 comments:

Tamiko said...

Michelle! Danke fur die update. I've been waiting to hear what God has been doing in your life.

Totally understand how you want to compare with others. Being here is hard because we're constantly sending people out to different ministries...and I'm like "why can't I go out?" instead of the other students.

But God is good, and He knows what He is doing and what He is going to do.

Ich hab dich lieb! And I miss Germany so much too.

Blessings!

andrea k. said...

mich! so glad to see that your blogger isn't quite yet done.. and mostly that the LORD is not yet done working in your life! of course He wouldn't be! :)

love you.

Unknown said...

I think it is great that you picked up writing on your Blog again! I miss you and I love to read about you and it is best if you have written it yourself :-D
Love you Midge!

Shannon Leigh said...

so totally went to the bottom of my screen to find your blog and then found that you had updated...lol!! miss you tons...did i tell you I'm going to visit Nicki-san on tuesday...yeah!! wish you could come too! anyways...miss you benita...press on my friend!! Shan