Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yesterday I said goodbye to my familia as they went back home to Peru. :( It was a hard goodbye but I will be seeing them again in a couple of month in Hungary at my graduation...yes, I will be doing my last semester of Bible Collge in Hungary. I leave February 2 from LAX!! Anyways, my family was here in the states for 3 weeks, we had Christmas and New Years here, the first in 7 years! We also got to go to the missions conference, it was really cool to see a bunch of friends from all over the world some we hadnt seen for years others from the extension campuses I had gone to. I am now staying here in Murrieta until I go to Hungary so if any of you are in the area it would be great to see you!
My Bella Madre!!


Me and my bros Jason and Joshie...they are choo cute!!
Psalm 27:4 "One thing I have desired of the Lord, that wil I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord, all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple."
One thing that seemed to be touched a lot upon during the missions conference was the need simply to know Jesus...we can do all these things for the Lord but without actually knowing Him what does it value? It is all in vain. One of the speakers, Heather Mercer asked the question how can we take the kingdom of God to others if we havent truly experienced it ourselves? It was very convicting and challenging...how can we share Christ with others and expect them to receive Christ and desire to have a relationship with Him if our lives dont reflect His love and His joy? The world is looking for something real and the Lord is desiring that we bring it to them through our relationship with Him. A relationship with Him is the thing. Like David I want God to be my ONLY desire, just to be in His presence. I hope this encourages you guys I was really encouraged just to say to the Lord, "Your face, Lord I will seek." (v. 8) Love in Worthy One, Michelle

1 comment:

Doug said...

Aw michelle! I really enoyed talking to you today. We'll definitely have to go get that thai food soon. mmmmmmm....sounds oishi.