Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So time for a new update! The semester ended a few weeks ago. We have been pretty busy since it ended doing different things, this week I am helping cook for team that is here-that should be interesting!! Some of my plans have wonderfully changed. I was supposed to go home June 15th but I was able to change my ticket and I will be staying until September 16th, so I get to spend another summer in beautiful Germany! The reason for this change of plans, of course, is Simon. He will leave a day before me in September to go to Belize for a year to help out in the ministry there. I think it will be a hard year apart but we both are confident that the Lord will do amazing things.

This morning in my devotions I was reminded of how happy a Christian really is and should be. In Psalm 1, David writes "blessed" or "happy" is the one who's delight is in the law of the Lord and who meditates in it day and night. I was reminded of the importance of training myself to "set my mind on things above." It isn't always the easiest discipline to learn, it takes time and effort but in the end the rewards are far greater and far more satisfying than anything this world can offer. I have also been reading through 1 Corinthians, and in chapter 9 it comes to the part about athletes. Paul talks about fighting and disciplining the body. An athlete's life isn't easy, there is plenty of denying the flesh. The Christian life isn't any different, but the amazing thing, like Paul says, is that our prize is certain, we know what we shall receive and it is really something worth fighting for!


...just because he is so cute!

6 comments:

jessica reid. said...

michelle! i am so blessed to hear you are entrusting your relationship with simon to Jesus. He will definitely honor this step of faith...it took Peter and i three years, but it was totally worthwhile! you are in my prayers! mit ganz lieb!

andrea k. said...

hey chilanga!
how's the team? are you having fun yet? i'm home, and it's real good. love you! xo, a.

Shannon Leigh said...

a few more hours till your birthday...and i still haven't got your gift in the mail...so needless to say it's going to be a little late! hope you have a blessed day Benita!! love you tons...muhhhhhaaaaaaa

Laura said...

michelle bonner.
I still have my journal where you wrote at the end of my semester in Peru...back in 2003. :)
you told me that I was super cool, and thanked me for reaching out to you.
you also told me if I didn't see you here again on earth, that'd we'd hang out in heaven. ;)

I am so blessed by your blog. you were already an incredible woman 5 years ago, but praise God for bringing you so much further.

thank you for allowing God to speak to me through you.
I miss you.

Laura said...

ps. that comment was from me. Laura Lowe.
I'm trying to figure out how in the world to work this thing. :)

*Kerstin* said...

:) How seet :)
God bless you guys!