Thursday, August 30, 2007

This week has been so crazy and it is only half way over. We are getting ready for all the new students to get here, a lot of them are already here. Lots to do, thats for sure. The Lord is so faithful however, I have been so strengthened and encouraged. Going into this week I was asking the Lord what He was doing placing me here, I felt so incapable of doing the work that is set before me, which of course is true but He reminded me that HE called me and He doesnt not expect me and will not allow me to do it all on my own. I have been so encouraged through the book of 2 Corinthians lately, such a good book about ministry! In 3:5 it says, "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our suficiency is from God." Then later 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every work."
I am blessed to have these promises from the Lord because there is a lot to do this semester. I will be working for the registar, Ben Viscarra mostly. I will also be helping in the coffeeshop, cooking dinners (hahahaha) , and most amazing of all I will be helping lead a missions trip to Dusseldorf, Germany!!! How crazy, I have been praying about going there for a while now and God is so amazing and wise I cant wrap my mind around His goodness and sweetness to me.
Thank you all for your prayers and for stopping by to read what is happening in my life, maybe sometime soon I will put pics up. Please continue to pray the Lord would empty me of myself and give me the heart of a servant and that He would give all of us the strength to get ready for the semester, that He would also unify us as a team.
In my devos this morning I read a most amazing Psalm, 107 I was vastly encouraged.
"Oh , that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness."
much love, Michelle

4 comments:

Shannon Leigh said...

2 Cor. is certainly packed full of goodness...thank you Jesus for your Word!! Keep pressing on my friend...put on that armor daily...and look up for our redemption draws near!! Love ya...Shan

2 Cor 4:17-18

Chiara Mai. said...

I am so blessed that we are given the privelage to serve Jesus together!! I love you Michelle Daniela and thank you for all your hard work! Jesus is worth it!
Loads of love, Chiara! xox

Conor Berry said...

Hey michelle Im stoked that you are back in Germany serving the Lord! Im going to put your blog on mine so just telling ya that its great to read what the Lord has been doing in your life. Hannah and I are getting married in six days so pray for us. Cant wait to go back to Deutschland our second home!

PILARCITA said...

Michelle,
Mujer esforzada y valiente del Senor. Me encanta ver como el Senor hace una mujer de una nina.
Grandes cosas tiene el Senor.

Te quiero mi corazoncita,
Mama